Devotion is defined as great love or loyalty, profound dedication, prayers. Most of us are familiar with the term in relation to religion and spirituality, or even music. Whether or not you think of your path of slavery as spiritual or sacred, devotion is an intrical part of practicing the art of slavery. Your devotedness will have some effect on how deeply you can journey into slavery. When a Master or Mistress trusts in their slaves devotion, they can lead their property into great depths of submission. Knowing that their slave, no matter what life presents them, no matter how caught up in an emotion, thought or desire they may get, that they will remain devoted through anything is a huge building block in the deep trust necessary in sustaining a Master and slave relationship.
As a slave, your devotion, once regularly cultivated and enhanced, will always be there, running in the background of all that you are and all that you do. It will flow from your heart and shine in your actions. It will deepen the intimacy and bond with your Master or Mistress. It will assist you in moving beyond limits and walls and is part of becoming a slave awakened to a state of unconditional love and service to your Master. Your devotion will run through you like an electrical current, always flowing, always available to call on to refocus you on your surrender and faithfulness.
How to Cultivate Devotion
- Learn to trust your Master or Mistress. Trust is one of the main building blocks of devotion. Surrender everything and decide on complete unconditional trust for your Master. As you progress through each experience trust their guidance and instruction over your ego. Trust will grow if you remain open to it. With each experience where your trust in your Master is validated, confidence will grow and with time and effort, deep devotion can occur.
- Realize that true devotion comes from believing that your Master or Mistress has the wisdom, capacity and honor necessary to guide your life.
- Meditate and reflect on the things your Master or Mistress has taught you and how they have effected and improved your life. Be grateful for this gift, reflecting on it often.
- Think of your Master or Mistress with intense love and adoration. Focus on devotion. You will need to rely on thoughts, feelings, words and gestures to establish unshakable devotion. Rituals, meditations, prayers etc can all assist you in training yourself to feel deep devotion.
- Put great effort into cultivating devotion for your Master. Ask for His guidance. Explore and discover what promotes this state in you personally. Build those actions, thoughts or tools into your daily life as a slave.
- Realize that pure devotion is an act of Love.
- Offer your every act to your Master. Offer your thoughts and desires.
- Believe always, no matter what challenge may arise to distract you, that you are a devoted slave, devoted and faithful to your Master above all else. In all ways. Always.